Friday 19 July 2013

ORS 'Curls Unleashed' Curl Defining Creme | Review






Howdy!

I thought I'd do something a little different by doing a review on a product I'd been using lately.
I'm all about helping people out and giving helpful tips because I know I would love people to do the same for me, so if you love curls and you know it, you should really try ORS's new Curls Unleashed Curl Defining Creme!

I've been completely obsessed with Natural hair vlogs for a while now but I've had a pretty rocky natural hair journey starting from when I was born with a head full of hair, to my young days of having long thick beautiful healthy hair, to being a teenager and wanting to experiment with gels and straighteners (where it all went wrong) to now, understanding my hair, it's texture, what it likes and what it hates... as I said, its been a journey haha!
Watching these vlogs have really made me want to start taking care of my hair better so I stopped straightening and decided to let my hair rest. I didn't really realise my the texture of my hair was slightly different until my mid teenage years and I was so obsessed with the things it could do that I overdone it and my hair slowly started to break.
Luckily I also realised the things my hair does naturally and from then on I was in love with curls!

So for a year or so I've been experimenting with curl defining products; I was regularly using Just For Me Curl Smoother Creme because I find the kids products work well with my hair as its sensitive to certain products. It worked well and I had been using it for about 6 months but I felt my hair needed something else. I spotted the Curls Unleashed Curl Defining Creme but it was a little more pricey than my other products at £8.19 so I was a bit hesitant however I tried it and all I can say is wow!
I'm now on my second tub....

This creme at first touch was bouncy and light and thats exactly how it feels in my hair! It doesn't leave flakes, Its not too greasy its actually perfect!
In the first picture is my usual braid out after blowing out my hair slightly and the 3 pictures following are the results.
One of the best things about this creme is that it is especially for hair texture 3 and 4! I would say according to the 'Natural hair type chart' I am a 3C but this product doesn't exclude any afro hair girls which is good because a lot of ladies think they can't achieve the 'curly hair look' without using heat or texturisers.

So if you're interested in testing new products or you want to experiment with curl defining cremes I'd 100% recommend this one! The tub is pretty big and if your use it in small portions it will last a long time!

The Good:
Does what it says on the tin, produces lovely defined curls!
The Bad:
It's slightly overpriced
Verdict:
Great product, recommended!

Some of my favourite natural hair vloggers:
Naptural85 | Longhairdontcare2011 | Fusion Of Cultures | AfricanExport

Miss Nay
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment